Click on the collection titles to view the complete inventory.
O’Connell, Irvan, Jr. Collection, 346 THL
The Irvan O’Connell, Jr. Collection is comprised of a report of damage to the Magill Property caused by Sheridan during the Civil War and a scrapbook dated 1858 – c. 1890. Irvan O’Connell Jr. was born on November 29, 1929 and died August 13, 2008.
Old Courthouse Civil War Museum Collection, 1601 THL
The collection contains a variety of items concerning the Old Frederick County, VA Courthouse Museum in Old Town Winchester, including a program from the play The Anvil by Julia Davis that was performed at the courthouse, newspaper articles on the museum and the play, several of the brochures that the museum distributes, and several photographs of the exterior and interior of the building.
Old Fredericktown Garden Club Collection, 1691 THL
This collection contains the minutes, reports, awards, and yearbooks of the Old Fredericktown Garden Club, established in 1934. Also within the collection are a variety of items associated with the club’s history, and membership.
Old School Baptist Church Records, 551 THL
This collection contains two deeds to the Old School Baptist Church in Winchester, VA. One deed is dated May 9, 1868 and is an agreement for the Old School Baptist Church congregation to use a stone church in the northeast part of Winchester for services once a month. The second deed is dated March 9, 1932 and reflects the purchase of the church lot on the east side of East Lane.
Old Stone Church at Greenspring Collection, 347 WFCHS/THL
This collection contains records, minutes, histories, and news articles concerning the Old Stone Church at Greenspring, VA. The first church to be established at Greenspring was between 1818-1820.
Old Time Apple Growers Collection, 239 WFCHS
This collection contains minutes, photos, papers, reports. The Old Time Apple Growers were formed to preserve the history of fruit orchards and processing of apples in Frederick Co., Virginia.
Old Town Development Board Collection, 180 THL
This collection (1977 to present) is comprised of plans, audit, minutes, newsletters, and a reference book on costumes of 1890. The Old Town Development Board was organized in 1977 as an effort to stimulate business in the downtown area of Winchester, VA and to attract new businesses.
Opequon Factory Records, 804 THL
This collection contains a minute book from 1812 to 1820 of the Opequon Woolen Mill in Frederick County, VA, USA,. Included in the back of this book are the accounts from George Griffith’s Shoe Shop, March 12, 1904 - March 31, 1905. The shop was located at the Coburn & Company store in Piedmont, Mineral County, WV.
Opequon Presbyterian Church Collection, 295 WFCHS/THL
The Opequon Presbyterian Church collection contains papers, speeches, bulletins, correspondence, histories, and news articles concerning the church. The original Opequon congregation began meeting in a log house in 1736 on land donated by William Hoge. It was located west of Kernstown, VA and was under the oversight of Donegal (PA) Presbytery.
Opportunity Winchester Collection, 21 THL
This collection contains the 2005 report of the Opportunity Winchester Committee. The Opportunity Winchester Committee was created by the City Council in 2002 to address a variety of needs concerning Winchester.
Optimist Club of Winchester Inc. Records, 1662 THL
The collections contains information on the history and activities of the Optimist Club of Winchester since its founding in 1958, including news clippings about the organization, a slide show on its history, three written histories of the organization, a list of its presidents, and a scrapbook.
Orrick Cemetery Collection, 250 THL
This collection includes a listing of gravestone inscriptions from Orrick Cemetery, which is located on Valley Avenue and Southwerk Street, Winchester, Virginia. This cemetery is primarily for African-American families.
Ott, John W. Collection, 1405 THL
This collection holds the account book of John W. Ott (1810-1892) of Halltown, Jefferson County, WV. The account book covers December 1857 to February 22, 1862. The manuscript contains notes on his dry goods accounts including customers’ names.
Overseers of the Poor Collection, 77 WFCHS/THL
The Overseers of the Poor was a charitable institution created to provide financial and other forms of support for orphaned children, the poor, the disabled, the infirm, and the mentally ill in Winchester and Frederick County, Virginia. It was operated from 1793 to the twentieth century. The collection contains reports of overseers of the poor, finance records, covering 1750-1928, and a scholarly paper on the institution.