Mountain Falls Fulling Mill Collection

Stewart Bell Jr. Archives Room
Handley Regional Library
Winchester-Frederick County Historical Society

P.O. Box 58, Winchester, VA 22604
(540) 662-9041 ext. 17

1070 THL

Scope and Content: This collection is comprised of a master?s thesis by Cassandra Faye Richards entitled, "The Fulling Mill at Mountain Falls, VA?An Ethnographic History" (1987). This paper discusses the fulling (a finishing process for wool) mill in Mountain Falls, VA and the community associated with and using it during the 18th and 19th centuries.
(1 box) Last updated 1/04.

Bibliography: The Mountain Falls Fulling Mill was located on Duck Run, a tributary of Cedar Creek. The land for it was purchased in April 1772 by Henry Richards, but the mill itself may not have been built until 1809. The mill operated until the 1930s and was torn down in 1985.

Cite As: Mountain Falls Fulling Mill Collection, 1070 THL, Stewart Bell Jr. Archives, Handley Regional Library, Winchester, VA, USA.


Box 1

"The Fulling Mill at Mountain Falls, VA?An Ethnographic History," thesis by Cassandra Faye Richard, 1987, typescript