Health, Wellness and Your Library
So many ways to help find wellness!
Finding Wellness at Your Library!
- Join Go with the Flow Yoga event. First come first served! Move, breathe and stretch at the library with this all levels yoga flow for adults. Bring a yoga mat and any other props you may need. Space is limited, arrive 15 minutes early to claim your spot. Taught by Christina Rash, RYT 500, and a teacher at Shine Yoga. Classes on these Thursdays:
January 5, 5:30 PM, Handley Library
January 12, 5:30 PM, Handley Library
January 19, 5:30 PM, Bowman Library
January 26, 5:30 PM, Bowman Library
February 2, 5:30 PM, Bowman Library
February 9, 5:30 PM, Bowman Library
February 16, 5:30 PM, Bowman Library
February 23, 5:30 PM, Bowman Library
- Try Pilates with our "Unwind Your Spine" series. Join instructors from Carriage House Pilates & Wellness to learn some practical exercises to reverse "tech neck", access deep core muscles to stabilize your spine and posture, and improve your balance for life. Each workshop's focus will be the same, but exercises may vary. All skill levels are welcome. Registration encouraged.
February 4, 10:30 AM, Handley Library
February 11, 10:30 AM, Handley Library
February 18, 10:30 AM, Handley Library
February 25, 10:30 AM, Handley Library
- Join the new Sip & Stitch Program every Tuesday in January at the Clarke branch at 1:00 PM. Stitching is an effective way to improve creativity and mindfulness while reducing stress. Make new friends and share your work! Click here for more info.
- Borrow a healthy cookbook to take home and try new recipes! Come in to any branch or start here in our catalog.
- Take a StoryWalk® with your family! There are 4 locations, one at Handley and one at Bowman, and the other two at the Shenandoah Discovery Museum and at Rose Hill Park. Click here for more info!
- Discover your family ancestry through our Archives. They are so happy to help you on finding your family tree. Register here to attend Heraldry and Coats of Arms: Finding Your Armorial Ancestor on Saturday, January 28 at 10:30am. Try our Family History Hunters group on the 2nd Thursday of the month. Register for February's program here. The topic is "Vital Records". Click here to see all the Archives has to offer!
- Work out with a fitness video. You can check out a DVD or stream a video on your device/computer. Click here to go right to fitness videos you can stream from home!
- Learn a new language, right from your home! Click here to access Mango Languages from your computer and choose from 70 different languages! All you need is your library card.
- Learn something new or update your existing skills! Choose from over 500 online courses, from photography to physics, computers to calligraphy. Click here to learn all about learning free through Universal Class.