Homeschooling and the Library
- We aim to offer common areas for you to meet, work/study, and read in each of our branches.
- You are able to print, copy, scan, fax, meet with one of our notaries, use a computer and access our WiFi, and work in our Archives Department to do deeper research.
- We are glad to refer you to an agency or organization in our community that might be able to better help you with what you need. We also love partnering with local organizations in our programming efforts.
- Let us know if your co-op would like to set up an exploration field trip at the library and/or use our space to meet. Send inquiries to email@example.com.
Current Titles and Topics:
- We always strive to have popular titles that you would want to check out through our up to date technology. If we don't have something you're looking for, patrons are able to loan a title from another library through us.
- Patrons can also suggest titles through our website. We are also excited to offer expanded reader's advisory services through our NextReads Newsletters, which are genre based book recommendations from our library staff. Our BookMatch System is another great way to find your next read or to try something new!
To support your homeschooling journey, we offer a Parent-Teacher Collection at the Handley branch, which includes popular curriculum titles, such as "Five in a Row" and other homeschooling overview books that break down each grade level. There are more books in this collection on raising children and assisting teachers with supplemental material that can go with their instruction guidelines. These materials follow the typical 3-week check out period.
The Reference Collection at each of our branches include Youth and Adult titles and house more textbook type materials. This includes history, science, and general encyclopedia sets, as well as atlases, dictionaries, etc. This collection would support any research assignments you are doing at home. Unfortunately, these books are not for check out and must be used in the library.
Search #homeschooling101 in the library catalog or click HERE for recommendations.
Our libraries include a diverse array of collections for all kinds of readers and learners. Of course we house numerous types of books, but we also offer patrons Audiobooks that you can pair with the Easy Reader or Chapter Book, Video Games, Magazines and Newspapers, educational Launchpad Tablets, Nature Backpacks, WiFi Hotspots and more! Of course all of these items are free to borrow with your library card.
When you check out items, be sure to check out our Homeschool Hub program for all ages where you can socialize and learn with other homeschooling families. Program series breaks in the Summer.