Program Type:Book Sales
Handley Regional Library System and the Friends of the Handley Regional Library System are excited to announce the “Expect the Unexpected” Friends Used Book Sale running August 10-22 at Bowman Library. This book sale has several new safety adjustments due to COVID-19. Patrons will need to make an appointment to shop with a 1-hour time limit (following the library system’s adjusted public hours) by contacting Barbara Dickinson, Executive Director of the Friends of the Handley Regional Library System, at 540.662.9041 ext. 31 or email@example.com. Book prices will range from $1-$2 and will start with non-fiction titles only (poetry, history, nature, cookbooks, biographies, military history, classics, literature, health, financial literacy, armchair travel, gardening, and sheet music) which will be laid out in boxes around the room for shoppers to sort and pick their own selection.
Additional Logistics and Safety Precautions
- Masks must be worn at all times to enter the building and while shopping
- On-going sanitation of the room and public space will occur
- Social distancing precautions must be observed at all times
- 10 shoppers are allowed in the meeting room at one time by reservation only
- You will receive a reservation confirmation with your appointment time and date
- Sale Hours: M-Th 10AM-6PM, Fri 10AM-5PM, Sat 10AM-2PM
- Patrons may enter and exit the sale through the back exterior emergency exit door of the Bowman Meeting Room leading to the parking lot.
- Payment is by exact change, credit card, or check only.
- Book donations are not being accepted at this time.