Annual Library System Usage Stats Released
We've released our annual statistics representing library usage and patron engagement from the recent fiscal year, July 2018-June 2019. The statistics are summarized below and are tracked at length to report on community usage, funding requests, and overall system performance. The stats reflect usage at Bowman Library, Clarke County Library, and Handley Library.
- 370,834 total visitors at all three library locations
- 844,638 items were checked out and enjoyed for the year. This number represents books, eBooks, CDs, DVDs, audiobooks, and other materials.
- 5,998 kids, teens, and adults received a library card to use at all three library locations
- 54, 394 kids, teens, and adults attended library programs and events, ranging from storytimes and STEAM workshops, to gardening and DIY workshops, and more!
- 268 programs occurred for adults; 1,035 programs for kids; 233 for teens
- 42 programs were offered by The Friends of the Handley Regional Library System, ranging from author talks to special performances and exhibits
- 2,300 visitors for genealogy and history research in the Stewart Bell Jr. Archives, located in the Handley Library
- 29,257 total hours from patrons using free internet
- 3 Used Book Sales occurred at Bowman Library
- 12,921 volunteer hours were tracked for various projects, events, and programs
“We’ve gone through significant positive changes this year to both meet and anticipate the needs of the communities we serve in our three locations,” says John Huddy, Director of Handley Regional Library System. “We’ve launched a new website and branding, expanded items available for patrons to borrow including video games, graphic novels, Wi-Fi mobile hotspot devices, and digital tablets. We’ve created and strengthened partnerships with community businesses and non-profits that support our mission, and we are looking at ways to serve both the individual user and business community through more library products and services in the coming months - including an online streaming service, wireless printing, and more.”