Announcements, Displays, Exhibits Policy
The use of the Handley Regional Library facilities for posting of announcements, displays and other materials that are not those of the library is a privilege that is subject to the review of the Library Director or to those designated by the Director.
In some libraries, space is a deciding factor. Materials may be displayed in one library but not in another because of space constraints. Library displays have priority over all other displays. Availability of multiple copies of any materials depends on space limitations at any given time in each library.
Removal of announcements from bulletin boards is at the discretion of library staff because of limited space and the need to share this space with those agencies that qualify.
Handley Regional Library assumes no responsibility for the preservation, protection, possible damage or theft of any item displayed or exhibited. All items are placed in the library at the owner's own risk.
Materials being considered for display, exhibit, or distribution in multiple copies must fall within one of the following categories:
- Material produced by, or in co-sponsorship with city, state or federal government agencies (for example, tax forms, parks and recreation course listings, city job list, etc.)
- Material produced by any community organization with the exception of ongoing programs.
- Announcements of political programs where both sides of an issue will be presented, or non-partisan candidate forums.
- Information that complements, or is used in conjunction with, a program or display sponsored or co-sponsored by the Library or Friends of the Handley Regional Library.
- Items such as bibliographies, bookmarks, and brochures that promote books, reading, writing, literacy, library service, etc.
- Other not-for-profit organization’s materials at library staff’s discretion.
Locked display cases
Locked display cases are available at Handley Regional Library for individuals and organizations for the purpose of displaying objects of an educational, artistic or cultural nature. Ideas and concepts conveyed by an exhibit or display are those of the exhibitor and are not necessarily endorsed by the Handley Regional Library or the Library Board. Exhibitors wishing to use the display case should contact library staff to schedule the display.
Although the display case is kept locked at all times, the library will not be held responsible for any damages or losses resulting from theft, fire, vandalism, or any other cause.
Approved by Handley Regional Library Board July 2014