Age Group:Teens (12+)
It's Almost Spooky Time!
Come join the Bowman Teen Event of the Season!
- Pumpkin carving: We will have some pumpkins available to you if needed, but you are encouraged to bring your own if you can. If you wish to carve a pumpkin, bring one small enough to use the basic pumpkin carving tools found in small kits and not one that requires larger knives. Please do not bring any large knives for carving. We will also have alternatives if you’d like to bring a unique or large pumpkin to decorate instead of carve.
- Costumes: Check that your costume and any prop weapons meet the guidelines below. Please consider including a mask into your design. (Scroll down for guidelines.*)
- Parents: Are WELCOME! We hope to find a few parents to come help chaperone. Let us know if your parents can join us. We will have three staff members there the whole time.
- Pumpkin Decorating
- Mafia! (sign up for a time slot at the event)
- Scary Stories (for those who dare)
- Bean Bag Toss
- Board Games
- Bobbing for Worms (on individual plates)
- Halloween music
- Candy scavenger hunt!
A great big thanks goes out to all the Teen Advisory Board for a great line-up of activities!
See you there!
Because of the family nature of our library, all costumes should be family friendly. Library staff reserves the right to request alterations or clothing changes.
Staves, wooden swords, rubber model firearms (like the red/blue training ones easily identified as props)
Original weapon designs if they are safe
Prop weapons less than 6'6"
Bows if not strung with authentic bowstring and taut.
No Metal Weapons of any kind
No Projectile Weapons of any kind with the exception of non-functional nerf or water guns.
No Compound Bows - authentic arrows are not permitted (they're projectiles)
No Explosives or Chemicals