Donate Books and DVDs
Due to the COVID-19 response, we are not currently accepting book donations. We will provide an update when we are able to resume.
We are so grateful for all the wonderful book, DVD and CD donations we receive. Due to the overwhelming generosity of the community, we sometimes are inundated with book donations. We certainly want these donations to continue, but we need your help in coping with large numbers.
Here are some guidelines that will help us all:
Please bring small donations - less than 2 boxes- to the libraries during regular library hours only. Sometimes the library is too busy for a staff person to leave their post to assist you. Storage space in the libraries can also be an issue. Please do not put donations in the book drop or leave them by any library's back doors. For donations of multi-boxes, please make arrangements by calling 540/662-9041, ext 31 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. With prior arrangments, volunteers or staff can assist. Throughout the year, we have special Saturday drop-off mornings where volunteers are available to receive your donations. These are publicized at all libraries or on the library's website. You can also call to check on these dates.
What we want to receive as donations:
- Books on all subjects in good condition
- DVDs and CDs and sheet music
- Electronic Games
What we don't want to receive as donations:
- Reader's Digest condensed books
- Encyclopedias older than four years or enclyclopedia year books and text books older that three years
- Books that have broken spines, missing pages or covers
- Books that are stained or have mold, mildew, pet stains, insect or rodent damage. These can contaminate other books or present health hazards.
- VHS tapes
Proceeds from the FHRL Used Book Sales benefit all library locations.