WI-FI Hotspots are Available to Check Out at Bowman Library and Clarke County Library
Browse the internet from any mobile device 24/7!
The devices allow free internet connection on the go and anywhere Verizon service is available on your smartphone, laptop, tablet, or other mobile device. You can check these out at the Circulation desk at Bowman Library or Clarke County Library.
The purpose of the circulation of mobile hotspots is to lessen the gap of the digital divide by providing our patrons with greater access to the internet beyond the walls of the library. In addition to general internet usage, you can access our digital library, download eBooks, and so much more with free internet access over a 4G LTE nationwide network where coverage is available through Verizon.
What's included with each hotspot?
Carrying case, USB cable with charger, and mobile hotspot unit.
- 7-day check out only
- Must be 18 years or older to check out
- Cardholder must wait 7-days before checking out another hotspot
- 1 hotspot check out per cardholder/household at a time
- No renewals or holds available at this time
- Hotspots are deactivated if overdue or if excessive data is used, including downloading movies or other large files
- Average data limit per checkout is 5 GB
- Units must be returned to the Circulation desk and not at outside returns
- All components must be returned together and replacement costs will be applied ($100 device, $15 case, $5 adapter, $5 USB cord)
- Borrower agreement must be signed before hotspot is issued to the patron.
For additional borrowing guidelines, contact the circulation desk at Bowman Library at (540) 869-9000, extension 4.