Switching from the OverDrive App to the Libby App
Do you love our digital resources? Me too! I read exclusively on the Libby app now. Although I do love the feel of a book in my hand, the methodic turning of the page, and the ritual of browsing new titles and selecting one from the stacks, the fast pace of life has forced me to go completely digital. I am often reading on the go, and this way I always have my books and magazines with me. Not to mention reading in bed at night with no bedside light required! Did you know you can set the Libby app to dark, so you won’t have the blue light effects of your device? These are just a few reasons I love our Libby app.
You may be reading our digital resources on the OverDrive app, but you are missing out on some great features on the Libby app. Check these out:
- Read eBooks, magazines and listen to audiobooks all on one app
- Read/listen across all your devices
- Offline access for when you don’t have Wi-Fi
- Send books to your Kindle
- Listen in the car with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Borrow from multiple library cards in one app
The biggest reason to switch from the OverDrive app to the Libby app? The OverDrive app is going away. Now is the perfect time to switch to the Libby app and get all your questions answered, learn about the features, and simplify your life. Here’s a checklist to help you out:
- Download the app, which you can access here.
- Find your library, which will be listed as “Blue Ridge Download Consortium”.
- Enter your library card information, which can be found on the back of your card under the barcode. Make sure to enter the whole number. You may need your library card pin, which is usually set as the last four digits of your card number. You could have also set your pin when you applied for your card. Please call us at any location if you have problems with this step!
- You are ready to check out items and enjoy!
They way you checkout eBooks and audiobooks on the Libby app should feel familiar to you. You can search for specific titles or browse book lists and checkout or put items on hold. However, when checking out magazines, you have to switch over to the Library of Virginia's system and it can be tricky to navigate at first. Check out this article that should help!
As always, we are here for you. If you have problems or need assistance with anything, don't hesitate to call any branch, use the chat feature on our website, or stop in to see us. Happy reading!