Read Books. Win Prizes.
Open to adults 18+, our Adult Summer Reading Program (ASRP) opens May 31 on Memorial Day and runs through Labor Day on September 6th. You'll have a chance to win amazing prizes based on reading logs you complete and turn in. The more reading logs you complete, the more chances you have to win! Plus, receive a Book Buck - redeemable for $1 each at any 2021 Friends' Book Sale - for every book on your first 10 logs. Click here to print reading logs or get them from any library branch.
Register at the Bottom of this Page
Fill out the form at bottom of this page or call Bowman Library 540-869-9000 ext. 213 and leave a message with your name, phone number, email, home library location, and library card number.
You'll be entered to win prizes for a special drawing at the end of ASRP for each completed read log you turn in. Our prizes are:
Exploring the Outdoors prize package
America the Beautiful annual pass
Mountain Trails gift card
America the Beautiful: A story in photographs
Valley Locals prize package
Museum of Shenandoah Valley Family Membership
Winchester Ciderworks gift card
Winchester Book Gallery gift card
Farmer's Market gift card (location is winner's choice)
Winchester Tales (set of 4 books)
Book Lover's Bundle
Google Play gift card
Out of Print gift card
Books a Million gift card
The Writer's Library: The authors you love on books that changed their lives
We're here to help you! Ask at any Information Desk for a recommendation or check out our online resources to find that perfect book!
- NoveList : Discover good books (both fiction and nonfiction); look up the reading order of books in a series; find authors, titles or series similar to your favorites; and browse through any and all genres for recommended reading.
- Book Match - A personalized service from our librarians to pair you with recommended reads based on a few quick questions you answer.
- NextReads : Try the book suggestions in our NextReads newsletters. Pick what types of books you like – from thrillers and romance to biographies and armchair travel – and we’ll deliver reading lists right to your inbox along with new gems, bestsellers, and related titles.
- Adult Services Blog : Find out what library staff members are reading, watching and listening to. Plus get tips and tricks for using our favorite library resources.
- Reviews and Recommendations : Check back frequently at our one stop spot for the best library resources.
After registering you will receive your first four Reading Logs. If you register online your packet will be emailed to you. You can also have us mail the packet to you by calling Bowman Library 540-869-9000 ext. 213 and leave a message with your address and library card number. Once you complete your first set of Reading Logs, turn them in at any branch (Bowman, Clarke County, or Handley) and pick up your next set. Or you can click here to print your own reading logs!