This bimonthly workshop series is designed to prepare teens and young adults for the future of adulthood and the workforce. From budgeting tips to big loads of laundry, you will leave with new skills, tricks of the trade from professionals in the field, and earn prizes along the way. Program is intended for Ages 16-21.
OCTOBER 9: “What’s Next? Overwhelmed With Options”
- An overview of options for life post-high school graduation including information on how to pursue each one, whether it's trade school, college, the workforce or enlisting in the military. Presentations by Lord Fairfax Community College Workforce Solutions and Library Staff. Raffle prize sponsored by LFCC.
DECEMBER 4: “From Cars to Cooking- How to Do the Important Stuff”
- An overview of basic life skills that you need to know, whether it's car maintenance or basic cooking. Presentations by TBD. Raffle prize sponsored by TBD.
FEBRUARY 12: “Budgeting, Bills and Bucks! Oh, My!”
- An overview of basic budgeting skills, how to open and manage a checking account, understanding a credit score, investing and more. Presentations by TBD. Raffle prize sponsored by TBD.
APRIL 9: “Claim Your Space!”
- An overview of how to manage your own space for the first time, including cleaning hacks, decorating on a budget, organizing tools, and more. Presentations by TBD. Raffle prize sponsored by TBD.
JUNE 11: "Adulting 101 Presents...Big Bingo!"
- For every Adulting 101 workshop session that a patron attends, they receive credit for a Bingo card. So, the more times they attend, the more chances they have to win big.
HRLS is strongly recommending the use of masks for ALL patrons during this program to ensure the highest safety for library patrons and staff. Thank you for your cooperation.